Thursday, August 12, 2010

homELearning Activity 2 (S1-09: 8 Chan Jun Wei) Part 1

  In the foreground of this picture is the focus of the image, an adult and a child who are both sleeping soundly on a sheet of cloth on a mat. I believe that they are poor and that the area around where they are sleeping is actually their living quarters as there are a lot of clothes hung on the gate and fence and even more clothes are stuffed in the corner to the left of the fence.
  They most likely sells clothes as well because they seem to have too many clothes for them to wear.
  The two did not seem to be bothered by their living conditions so I think that they have been living in such conditions for a long time already and have gotten used to it.
  I think the message the photographer is trying to convey to us is that there is shops and suppliers that cater to the poor, and that the only difference between the rich and the poor is the quality of their life.
  I feel that the photograph captured too little information. If I were the photographer I would take another photograph of the adult and child's faces to supplement the original photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment